Details for Benchmark: DX3227
N 33° 56.383 W 117° 52.867 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ORANGE county, CA View Original Datasheet
- H 350
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1949 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1949
2.1 MI NE FROM BREA. ABOUT 1.6 MILES NORTHEAST ALONG THE BREA CANYON ROAD FROM THE GRAMMAR SCHOOL AT THE NORTH EDGE OF BREA, THENCE RIGHT FORK ON OLD PAVED ROAD FOR 0.1 MILES. A 12 INCH SQUARE CONCRETE POST PROJECTING ABOUT 6 INCHES, IT IS ON A SLOPING BANK 3 FEET SOUTHWEST OF A FENCE, 41 FEET NORTHEAST OF HIGHWAY CENTER AND ABOUT 8 FEET HIGHER.
|01/01/1974 by CA-059 (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY ORANGE COUNTY CALIFORNIA 1974
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|03/24/1994 by MWDSC (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY METRO WATER DISTR SO. CALIFORNIA 1994 (DEL)
RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED. REFERENCE MWD FB 2011 02 052.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in February 1997.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.