Details for Benchmark: KU1214
N 40° 40.017 W 073° 50.000 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In QUEENS county, NY View Original Datasheet
- T 352
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||BenchmarkHunter found KU1214
Found in good condition, albeit covered with many coats of beige paint, partially obscuring the markings. Note the spray paint guide on the sidewalk; the mark is over the arrow, near the top of the photo.
||KingsWar found KU1214
Found it in good order.
||Papa-Bear-NYC found KU1214
Found as described in good condition.
Note that the railroad is now the Rockaways branch of the A Train of the New York Transit Authority, not the Long Island Railroad. The station is the North Conduit station.
[Photos:]KU1214 "T 352" setting, Aqueduct, Queens NY
View of the railroad overpass over North Conduit Avenue. The A Train station is on the right side under the overpass.
KU1214 "T 352" setting, Aqueduct, Queens NY
The last column towards the east.
KU1214 "T 352", Aqueduct, Queens NY
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1952 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1952
AT NEW YORK. AT NEW YORK, IN BOROUGH OF QUEENS, AT OVERPASS OF THE LONG ISLAND RAILROAD (ROCKAWAY BEACH DIVISION) OVER NORTH CONDUIT AVENUE, NEAR LONG ISLAND RAILROAD AQUEDUCT RACE TRACK STATION, 11 1/2 FEET NORTHEAST OF NORTHEAST CURB OF NORTH CONDUIT AVENUE, SET VERTICALLY IN THE EAST FACE OF THE SOUTHEAST ONE OF 5 COLUMNS OF RAILROAD PIER AND 2.7 FEET ABOVE LEVEL OF SIDE WALK OF NORTH CONDUIT AVENUE.
|01/01/1988 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1988 (JPV)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.