Details for Benchmark: KU1250
N 40° 35.067 W 073° 55.533 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In KINGS county, NY View Original Datasheet
- L 353
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1952 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1952
AT NEW YORK. AT NEW YORK, IN BOROUGH OF BROOKLYN, ABOUT 0.35 MILE EAST ALONG SHORE PARKWAY FROM ITS UNDERPASS UNDER KNAPP STREET, SET VERTICALLY IN THE SOUTH FACE OF A 10 BY 25-FOOT BRICK AND CONCRETE TRANSFORMER BUILDING, 47 1/2 FEET NORTH OF NORTH CURB OF NORTH LANE OF SHORE PARKWAY, 1.3 FEET EAST OF SOUTHWEST CORNER OF BUILDING AND 2.3 FEET ABOVE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.