Details for Benchmark: KV0561
N 40° 38.750 W 074° 01.200 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In KINGS county, NY View Original Datasheet
- P 342
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1952 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1952
AT NEW YORK. AT NEW YORK, IN BOROUGH OF BROOKLYN, AT THE INTERSECTION OF 56TH STREET AND 2ND AVENUE, IN THE TOP OF THE TOP STEP OF THE SOUTHWEST ONE OF TWO ENTRANCES ON SOUTHEAST SIDE OF AMERICAN MACHINE AND FOUNDRY COMPANY BUILDING, 1 FOOT NORTHEAST OF SOUTHWEST END OF TOP STEP AND ABOUT 1 1/2 FEET ABOVE SIDE WALK.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.