Details for Benchmark: KV0569
N 40° 40.767 W 074° 00.100 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In KINGS county, NY View Original Datasheet
- 366 NYBE+A
- Marker Type:
- chiseled cross
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1934 by NYBE+A (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1952 by CGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1952
AT NEW YORK. AT NEW YORK, IN BOROUGH OF BROOKLYN, NEAR JUNCTION OF HENRY STREET AND 3RD PLACE, A 1 1/2-INCH CHISELED CROSS IN VERTICAL FACE OF OLD PORTION OF PUBLIC SCHOOL NO. 142, 11 FEET NORTH OF CENTER OF NORTH ONE OF EAST ENTRANCES TO BUILDING, 1 1/4 FEET BELOW BENCH MARK 367(B.E. AND A.) AND 1/4 FOOT ABOVE LEVEL OF SIDE WALK.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.