Details for Benchmark: LW1577
N 41° 31.500 W 070° 40.350 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BARNSTABLE county, MA View Original Datasheet
- 844 7930 TIDAL 7
- Marker Type:
- tidal station disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1913 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1978 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1978
IN WOODS HOLE. SET VERTICALLY IN WEST SIDE OF GRANITE FOOT SILL ON WEST SIDE OF FRONT ENTRANCE STEPS TO THE MARINE BIOLOGICAL LABORATORY, AT THE SOUTHEAST ENTRANCE TO BUILDING.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- This Tidal Bench Mark is designated as VM 197 by the Center for Operational Oceanographic Products and Services.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.