Can you hear me now? Good!
In Iowa, United States
How Geocaching Works
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
This cache is on private property with the owner’s permission.
We heard Cosmic * Cachers were getting close to the end of their 100 finds in 100 days marathon trip and wanted to give them another one close to home to find.
We have been inspired lately by some pretty great puzzle caches, and since C*C LOVE puzzles, we decided to try our hand at our first puzzle cache.
***the cache is not at the listed coordinates***
The cache contains only a log. Please bring your pen or pencil to sign and PLEASE replace exactly as you found it.
You must go to the coordinates listed above and collect the clues before you can solve the puzzle that will take you to the cache. Yes, math is required, but it is easy math...you will need to use your keen information gathering skills you have developed and very likely you will also need the internet.
Good Luck and Happy Caching!
When you get to the listed coordinates you should find a metal tag with a bar code and number attached. Use the numbers on the tag to figure out the last 3 digits of the N coordinates of the cache:
The last 3 digits of the N coordinates =(X-Y-Z)
• X = multiply the digits to get a number, take that number times 2.
• Y = add the digits on the tag together.
• Z = your age at your 7th birthday.
Nearby you will see another number. You may recognize it as a phone number from a popular song from the 80’s. Answer some questions about this number to figure out the last 3 digits of the W coordinates of the cache:
The last 3 digits of the W coordinates = (A+B+C+D+E)
• A = Add all of the digits of the phone number together.
• B = the # of letters in the name of the person who would answer when you call this phone number.
• C = number of letters in the name of the group that made the song famous.
• D = add together the numbers in the year the song was recorded.
• E = the number of times the name is mentioned in the song. multiply the numbers to get E.
Coordinates to GZ: N 41 49.___ W 90 13.___
You can check your answers for this puzzle on Geochecker.com.
Abg lbhe genqvgvbany zvpeb
Last Updated: on 10/3/2015 6:52:12 PM Pacific Daylight Time (1:52 AM GMT)
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum