This Nature Preserve is now part of the Heritage Trails Park District.
It was donated in memory of Dr Kuffner who lived nearby. She loved it there and would go there to commune with nature.
She was on of the first female Doctors in the County. She was a practicing physician and surgeon from 1938 until she retired in 1985.
She also had impressive Army credentials. She joined the Army during WW2 and rose to the rank of Major just after the Korean War.