FTF @ 9:45am
We'd slept in this morning so only spotted this one quite late after it was published. Not confident of a FTF we dashed out anyway.
I parked on Brick Kiln Lane to the north of the cache and walked down the PF to the railway tunnel. I spotted the "JP" from the instructions for the bonus cache as I walked down the path and climbed up the bank for a quick look. I later found I was about 10 feet from the cache but decided without co-ords to continue on and find the caches in the right order.
The path continued under the railway and alongside the tracks. My GPS needle started to swing to the left and I spotted a path that way up the bank so off I went. A moment later I realised the cache was the other side of the bank and I could have got there easier by staying on the original path and turning left a bit further along - doh!
I found the cache after a short search in a perfect place for an ammo box hide. Better still, I was FTF .
Now, as to my thoughts for the day, hmmmm:
- great to get another 2 FTF's
- what a lovely place for a cache, with all the little streams running alongside the paths
- bet this place is gorgeous in the summer
- must get out and place another cache or two ourselves soon
- great to see several local cacher's putting lots of new caches out for us to find - really appreciated
- what excuses can I think to get out of going Christmas Sale shopping later today
- better get some work done today as we're approaching our busiest time of the year
TFTC Damon & Co. Really enjoyed it .