N 49° 34.800 E 015° 56.510
Zelena Hora, near town Zdar nad Sazavou, Czech republic.
Pilgrimage Church of St John of Nepomuk on Zelena hora (Green Hill) represents the crowning achievement of the brilliant architect Jan Blazej Santini Aichl, a third generation member of an Italian artists´ family that settled in Prague in the 17th century. The shrine was built by Vaclav Vejmluva, abbot of the local Cistercian abbey, during the years 1705 to 1738, and dedicated to the newly sainted John of Nepomuk. This was inspired by the link between the Zdar abbey and the place where John of Nepomuk was raised. The mother Cistercian abbey from which the original monks came to Zdar in 1251 was situated on Zelena hora, the hill near the town of Nepomuk from 1144 till 1420. A steep hill, close to Zdar abbey, was chosen as the building site and later also named Zelena hora (Green Hill).
For more information visit http://www.zdarns.cz/Eng/default.asp