This one took me about a year from publication to solve. My first go ended up by somebody's front door - it was obviously not there. I had another go some months later but ended up in the same place.
About two years ago I happened to be browsing around for unsolved puzzles in the area. I saw it and tried again. I'm sure I was using exactly the same approach as before, but this time it worked out to be at a much more likely spot and of course I passed the geochecker.
My son wanted to be taken to a friends house today and I remembered that this one was quite close by. I also remembered that it hadn't been found for over a year. So we decided to see if we could resuscitate it.
It was a quick find by Bobcat in the second place he looked, but try as we might we could open the cache. After ten minutes we gave up. I dropped him off and took the cache home.
It was fairly easy to open it up once I had the right tools. Very wet inside though and the log was soggy. I put it on the radiator to dry for about an hour, and once that was done signed the log and put it all back together.