Before heading into Red Deer, I was looking up a more local cap when it eventually sank in that the Brass Cap Cache's name had changed. Oh! For the first time since we began finding brass caps, this new one was rather close! There was some debate among the assembled company (me, myself and I) whether this would fit into my day. The debate was a bit one-sided so a consensus was soon reached.
A quick call was made to Manjalou to see if they were available. The extra eyes might be helpful and extra fun was assured! They dropped everything and were ready when I drove up.
Making our way the last few metres on foot we initially, but briefly, went to the wrong side of the fence. Once on the right side, a divot in the sidewalk was immediately spotted. I dug out some debris and about a centimetre of dirt. Mr Manjalou, in the self-appointed role of gadget man, whipped out a brush, a rag and some water to fully reveal a very battered cap. Surprisingly, as we took pictures, we realized that examination of the photos would reveal most, if not all, of the numbers, and it did.
Thanks to Manjalou for the company. You were more fun for me to have along than just myself and I! Thanks, outforthehunt, for another fun cap!
This entry was edited by Black Shark on Wednesday, 27 August 2014 at 05:00:54 UTC.