DEN Travel Bug Dog Tag
Saturday, 22 May 2010
North Carolina, United States
In Post Code TB hotel Zeewolde
The owner hasn't set their collectible preference.
Use TB2JWY7 to reference this item.
First time logging a Trackable? Click here.
This travel bug is one of 27 being launched by teachers across the country. Its Discovery-themed mission is to accomplish the following by May 1, 2011.
* Discovery - Discover new places by visiting at least three different states.
* Animal Planet - Spend some time in a cache that is within 2 miles of a zoo or animal sanctuary/preserve.
* Planet Green - Visit a cache that is within 2 miles of a destination that focuses on sustainability and "Going Green." E.g., recycling center, windmill, waste-to-energy plant, hybrid car dealership, etc.
* TLC - Hang out close to (within 1 mile) to one of these places of learning: library, museum or school.
* Return to a cache near Discovery Communications in Silver Spring, MD.
About This Item
Discovery Communications revolutionized television with Discovery Channel and is now transforming classrooms through Discovery Education. Powered by the number one nonfiction media company in the world, Discovery Education combines scientifically proven, standards-based digital media and a dynamic user community - the Discovery Educator Network; in order to empower teachers to improve student achievement.
The Discovery Educator Network (DEN) is a global community of educators passionate about teaching with digital media, sharing resources, collaborating, and networking. With over 100,000 members providing professional development to educators worldwide the DEN connects teachers both on-line and in-person. Discovery Educators have exclusive access to a wide range of resources including professional development activities, networking opportunities, exclusive Discovery Educator events and more!
This travel bug was launched as part of the DEN's Geocaching Day 2010. Educators from all over the United States got together before the summer break to network, have fun and geocache!
You can learn more about the DEN's Geocaching Day on the DEN blog: (visit link)
Gallery Images related to DEN Travel Bug Dog TagView All 5 Gallery Images
Tracking History (42175.8mi) View Map