Todie's Wild Ride- Pre-Trip Tips
Found this item? Log in.
Print Info Sheet
|There is 1 user watching this listing.
Thursday, 01 January 2009
Michigan, United States
The owner hasn't set their collectible preference.
Use TB1YQR2 to reference this item.
First time logging a Trackable? Click here.
This coin is being released to help raise awareness of motorcycles on the roads.
This coin is in memory of Todie Phillips of Manitou Beach, MI. He passed away August 12 2008 as a result of a motorcycle accident, he was only 49 years old.
About This Item
- Maneuver you bike into a place where there is at least six feet of space all around so that you can properly perform your safety check.
- If your bike has a center stand, place it on the stand.
- If your bike has a windshield, make sure you wipe it free of dirt and check for cracks or any other type of defect.
- Check to make sure all lights work by turning the ignition on.
- Turn on both the high and low beam lights to make sure the headlights work. Also make sure the taillight works.
- Press the brake pedal to make sure the brakelight works. Also squeeze the break lever to make sure the break light comes on.
- Make sure both the front and rear turn signals are functioning properly.
- Check the horn.
- Check for foreign objects in your tires by running your hand along the sidewalls and the part of your tire that hits the road. If any foreign objects are found, do not ride your motorcycle until it is fixed. Making sure your tires are 100% functional is very important. Faulty tires will likely result in a serious crash.
- Make sure your tires are properly inflated.
- Examine your entire bike for any loose parts, i.e. bolts, antenna mounts, plastics and/or any other items that would affect your riding safety.
- Check your motorcycle engine's oil levels.
- If your bike has a chain, make sure that it has proper free play and it nicely greased
Tracking History (1428.4mi) View Map