This is collectible.
Eine alte Coin – mit einer ganz besonderen Geschichte! Ganze 9 ½ Jahre war sie verschollen – nun ist sie wieder aufgetaucht und wird Bestandteil meiner Sammlung! Ich habe hier einmal den gesamten Verlauf dieses speziellen Stückes aufgelistet! Da ich selber schon zwei Mal in London – einmal davon als Geocacher, 2016 mit Ratzies – und vor dem Big Ben stand, selber auch ein Garmin nutze, musste ich diese Coin einfach haben!
Die Geschichte der Coin geht leider nur in einer Sprache, sonst ist die Beschreibung zu lang!
An old coin - with a very special story! It was missing for 9 ½ years - now it has reappeared and will become part of my collection! I have listed the entire history of this special piece here! As I’ve been twice in London myself – once while being Geocacher, in 2016 together with Ratzies – and also seen Big Ben, using a Garmin by myself, this Coin was too cool to have!
trethellan activated this coin as „Trethellan – Big Ben Geocoin“ on Sep 2, 2008 – and placed it in GC1CVT4 Brettargh Holt Coin Bank – A place to discover in Kendal / UK. Its mission was: As my symbol is "Big Ben" my mission is to get as close as possible to the Big ben of Scotland "Ben Nevis". Then return to GC12B6R Cheshire Ring – Marple Top nr Stockport /UK. Also on Sep 2, 2008 it was discovered by the spirit demons within this Cache. Even pete37038 discovered this coin over here, Sep 4, 2008.
The Journey Begins:
- Sep 6, 2008 MiniG retrieves this coin from above mentioned Cache and carries it around for a few days
- Sep 20, 2008 placed in GC1CDT2 Gait Barrows. A rose between two thorns
The First Gap:
- Jan 25, 2009 geogralphy misses this Coin in this Cache (probably retrieved by a Cacher named William on Oct 27, 2008, but this log cannot be found). There was a maintenance performed after the Coin was added to that Cache and after that several Cachers have missed the Big Ben Coin in the box.
- Mar 29, 2009 The Nutter family retrieves the Coin out of GCMQQC Hyning Scout TB Hotel, wondering it's in there
- Mar 29, 2009 placed in GCRGEZ Warton Crag GC
The First „True“ Tracks:
- Apr 27, 2009 mgravestock retrieves from Cache
- May 11, 2009 placed in GC1KNDM Godic forest clearing, about 1500 km away near Ljubljana / Slovenia.
- May 19, 2009 geomatrix24 retrieves and taking it to Germany.
- May 30, 2009 several event-discoverlogs in GC1QJGJ Cachertreff Nürnberg
- Jun 1, 2009 placed in GC1QYMY Schloss Neunhof with a Write Note log entry (begging the next Geocacher to grab it then because the regular placing it log entry wasn’t working)
- Jun 3, 2009 Haengematte grabbed it
- Jun 6, 2009 placed in GCYVQY Flucht aus dem verwunschenen Garten
- Jun 12, 2009 Bactum retrieves
- Jul 1, 2009 placed in GC1TQMW Schwarz zu blau (a Cache, that is not viewable anymore).
- Jul 11, 2009 he retrieves it again (because of unknown reasons he’s retrieving it with the words „Was nothing“ - the reason the Cache isn't viewable anymore?)
- Jul 11, 2009 placed it in GCR2X5 Biohazard
- Jul 17, 2009 Wolfram_Quinnel retrieves
- Jul 30, 2009 placed in GCNTHW Mittelerde VI – Gollum’s Home
- Jul 30, 2009 LolaRed is discovering the Coin hoping that it’s soon arriving Scotland
- Aug 1, 2009 Redstav retrieves
- Aug 5, 2009 placed in GC1W61X Käpt’n Iglo‘s Seemannsgarn where the Coin is discovered several times
- Aug 21, 2009 SigiRR41 retrieves while leaving a Write Note – just an mistake he made while logging
- Aug 24, 2009 placed in GCRJCV Hainberg Buddler V3 - (Rechenmeister reloaded)
- Oct 2, 2009 Schaumwuffel retrieves it
- Oct 3, 2009 taken it to GC1Y995 Aischtal Event - some discoverlogs as well as the retrievement through crissar to follow
- Oct 25, 2009 placed in GC2042H GDI Bonus
- Oct 26, 2009 ArtThief retrieves
- Oct 30, 2009 placed in GC1G5C9 Steigerwald
- Nov 18, 2009 christian&christin retrieves it
- Dec 14, 2009 placed in GC1H0AA Geo Post Office – Erfurter Kreuz, Thüringen
- Dec 14, 2009 LtThomson retrieves it together with lewapitti
- Dec 27, 2009 placed in GCZTKX Il Borghetto – TB Hotel on Tenerife
- Dec 28, 2009 dwarf7 retrieves it
- Jan 17, 2010 placed in GC1TYJB OJe Nordumfahrung – Bauwerk 1 und KVP 1
The Last Steps:
- Jan 23, 2010 Jottjott retrieves it
- Jan 24, 2010 placed in GC14DQ7 Lost Place Teckbahn – Bridge
- Feb 1, 2010to sampiero retrieves it
- Feb 18, 2010 given directly to JamesB09
- Feb 25, 2010 placed in GC1Z6Z1 Schlotter und die rätselhafte Zeichnung
- Feb 28, 2010 sulzer retreives it
- Apr 2, 2010 placed in GC1PBQP Das langohrige Ungeheuer together with a photo
- Apr 9, 2010 Sylvia99 retrieves it and places it… in final location – GC1KB7G Der „Capitaine“ ist abgefahren
- Jul 11, 2010 samsarah is logging that this coin was not seen in that Cache
- Jul 10, 2011 – one year later – NumbDice confirms that
- May 10, 2012 also confirmed by rabbitdompteurs
- Oct 27, 2013 also confirmed by Karottencity
The Geocoin is lost! About 9000 km done and less than 2 years on the road! A tragedy that many Geocoins and TravelBugs are sharing!
Timeskip, Oct 22, 2019 – exactly 9 ½ years after the sudden disappearance from the cache near Reutlingen - a Geocoin appears on ebay offered by a coin dealer from Metzingen, also Baden Wuerttemberg and not far from the last place of the coin. Offered as Geocoin, in used condition, the tracking code is taped. The contact with the request for the tracking code is not taken seriously at first, a few more detailed explanations about our hobby to the seller - as mentioned COIN dealer - convinced then and resulted in getting the tracking code. As expected - activated and missed! So further contact and the attempt to acquire the coin - to surprise the owner! Finally purchased it and messaged the owner to let him now his coin turned up again - without an answer. The last two years not online on GC. Gone through the profile and found someone who has solved in the only multi with the Coinowner together in 2008 - and there is quite hope, because last online 2 days ago looks good! Meanwhile, the Coin arrived here by post, PRIORITY! the spirit demons answered - and it turns out that the two are sisters-in-law. Thus, the contact now runs in the right direction to be able to return the coin to original owner. The owner is currently on vacation, so wait a few days ... then the surprise - I can keep this coin with the sad but happy ending story! It’s getting a very special place in the showcase - that's for sure - and it’s part of the content of a former issue of Geocaching Magazine in 2020!
Thanks so much for this cool coin for my collection – I’m really happy about that!