Todie's Wild Ride: The Long Ride
Found this item? Log in.
Print Info Sheet
|There are 4 users watching this listing.
Tuesday, 06 January 2009
Georgia, United States
The owner hasn't set their collectible preference.
Use TB2QA8N to reference this item.
First time logging a Trackable? Click here.
This mission of this coin is to raise awareness for motorcycles sharing the road with other vehicles and to help educate riders about the importance of having the proper gear for riding in any given situation.
About This Item
On long trips you are most likely going to hit every kind of conceivable weather. No matter how hot it may get in the middle of that sunny summer day, there’s probably some cold miserable weather waiting out there for you. If you’re in the middle of the desert you’re sure to run into some rain. After all you are on a motorcycle. To be prepared, I save all of the space in my saddlebags for riding gear. A good list is:
1. Your colors. Can’t ride a bike without those.
2. Leather Jacket preferably one that has a removable lining and good ventilation.
3. Chaps. Make sure they fit well and are in good condition.
4. Fingerless gloves and full fingered gloves
5. A couple of extra doo rags. I’m always losing those things.
6. Face mask of some sort. I’ve got a windshield on my bike and that protects me most of the time but in heavy rain, hail and the cold a neoprene face mask really helps.
7. Sunglasses and/or goggles. I personally like the convertible combos, which can change from sunglasses to goggles and have interchangeable lenses.
8. Rain Suit. One of those cheap sets from Wally World won’t do. Sure they may keep you dry for awhile, but more often than not you’ll get 30 miles down the road and the suit will be flying behind you like streamers. Don’t skimp here. A couple of bandannas will always come in handy.
9. If the weather is going to be extremely hot then a polymer crystal cooling bandanna is a great piece of gear to be carrying. I usually carry this in a small baggie that helps keep it fresh and keeps other things from getting wet from it when not in use.
Please do not keep this coin as we want it to travel the world from cache to cache to remind people about motorcycle safety. Please help keep our roads safe and watch out for motorcyles!!
Gallery Images related to Todie's Wild Ride: The Long RideView All 3 Gallery Images
Tracking History (9152.8mi) View Map