Todie's Wild Ride- Riding in the Rain?
Found this item? Log in.
Print Info Sheet
|There is 1 user watching this listing.
Friday, 13 February 2009
Michigan, United States
The owner hasn't set their collectible preference.
Use TB2TV9R to reference this item.
First time logging a Trackable? Click here.
This coin is being released to help raise awareness of motorcycle safety.
Here are a few safety tips if you have to ride in the rain.
About This Item
If you absolutely have to ride in the rain, my advice would be as follows:
(1) Wear full protective gear, including water proof boots, full face helmet, leather jacket, gloves, etc;
(2) Wear a good rain suit that is preferably designed for riding motorcycles in the rain;
(3) Do not accelerate or brake fast, take it easy;
(4) Leave plenty of room between you and the cars around you. Try to keep a very good distance between you and the cars or trucks in front of you because their spray will impact your visibility, and as you know on a motorcycle we do not have windshield wipers
(5) Take turns or curves very slowly and cautiously. It only takes a split second to eat asphalt if your motorcycle looses traction and goes out from under you.
Above all, do not ride beyond your comfort level. If it does not feel right, it probably is not right! In other words if you are riding in the rain, and you do not feel comfortable in the conditions, pull off and wait it out at a restaurant or some place like that if you can.
Tracking History () View Map