Todie's Wild Ride II: Wet weather riding tips
Found this item? Log in.
Print Info Sheet
|There is 1 user watching this listing.
Tuesday, 22 September 2009
Michigan, United States
In the hands of smartbrad.
The owner hasn't set their collectible preference.
Use TB2Y9XH to reference this item.
First time logging a Trackable? Click here.
To help promote motorcycle safety.
Here are a few tips for you if you find yourself driving in wet weather.
About This Item
If you absolutely have to ride in the rain, my advice would be as follows:
(1) Wear full protective gear, including water proof boots, full face helmet, leather jacket, gloves, etc;
(2) Wear a good rain suit that is preferably designed for riding motorcycles in the rain;
(3) Do not accelerate or brake fast, take it easy;
(4) Leave plenty of room between you and the cars around you. Try to keep a very good distance between you and the cars or trucks in front of you because their spray will impact your visibility, and as you know on a motorcycle we do not have windshield wipers; and
(5) Take turns or curves very slowly and cautiously. It only takes a split second to eat asphalt if your motorcycle looses traction and goes out from under you.
Above all, do not ride beyond your comfort level. If it does not feel right, it probably is not right! In other words if you are riding in the rain, and you do not feel comfortable in the conditions, pull off and wait it out at a restaurant or some place like that if you can.
This coin is in memory of Todie Phillips of Manitou Beach, MI. He passed away August 12 2008 as a result of a motorcycle accident, he was only 49 years old.
Tracking History (5373.5mi) View Map