Mrs Waddle's Breast Cancer Travel Tag Geocoin
Sunday, September 2, 2012
South Island, New Zealand
In Lähiölasten lelukätkö
This is not collectible.
Use TB3BAB7 to reference this item.
First time logging a Trackable? Click here.
Originally the goal of this Breast Cancer Travel Tag Geocoin is to travel to beautiful places around New Zealand and Australia spreading awareness of breast cancer collecting stories and geocache logs along the way. However it seems to have made its way to Finland so the new goal is to travel the world. Please send photos of the places the coin visits.
About This Item
This geocoin has been sent on its journey in memory of a very special young woman Mrs Waddle as she was affectionately known who was taken far to early by breast cancer.
- Breast cancer can affect men and women of all ages, especially those over the age of 40 years, need to be ‘breast aware’
- Breast cancer is the most common cancer among New Zealand women with more than 2600 new cases expected this year – also approximately 20 men will be diagnosed
- More than 650 women will die from the disease this year – making it the leading cause of cancer-related death in females
- New Zealand women have a one in nine chance of developing breast cancer during their lifetime
- 90-95% of women who are diagnosed with breast cancer have no family history of the disease
- Getting older is the most common risk factor: over 75% of new cases are among women 50 years and over
- Early detection of breast cancer increases a woman’s chance of survival. Today, close to 85% of NZ women diagnosed with breast cancer will survive five years or more and the death rate has decreased by nearly 19.3% between 1997-2007
Gallery Images related to Mrs Waddle's Breast Cancer Travel Tag GeocoinView All 5 Gallery Images
Tracking History (12949mi) View Map