This is not collectible.
In 1914 the First World War started. The frontline came to a halt in an arc around the city of Ieper and during 4 years there were fierce battles for every inch of ground. 100 years have passed and a lot of activities are planned to commemorate "The Great War". With a group of local geocachers we want to participate by organizing a Mega Event. Our purpose is to show all kind of aspects of this war through a series of quality caches.
The assembly location is in and around the pub De Dreve, Lange Dreve 16, Zonnebeke. The owner, Johan Vandewalle, has been obsessed by the First World War since his childhood, especially the underground warfare. His pub is a real museum. His dream is to build a memorial for all brothers who fought in the war, especially for Jim Hunter, whose remains were discovered by Johan.
- Merel: active since 31/12/2003 and collaborator of the "In Flanders Fields" (IFF) event in 2005 and several initiations.
- E-lovers: started on 26/11/2009, organizer of the "France Belge" event in 2011, "Meet and greet Roeselare" in 2012 en several initiations.
- Beverke: geocacher since 19/09/2005, organizer of "Vicus Cortoriacum" event in 2009.
- Pumba en Timon: started on 13/05/2006, co-organizer of "Vicus Cortoriacum" event in 2009 and collaborator "Abraham event" 2012.
- Galatheewke: active since 23/07/2009
- Geostrumpf_taffy: geocaching since 21/06/2009, collaborator of the Brugse Beer events.
- -Ruby-: started on 5/11/2011, organizer of "Terre de Flandre" event in 2013 and several meet and greets.
In addition, we are assisted by a series of collaborators for creating new caches and for various organizational tasks. They are Coachy, antjepantjekever, smetten, nd-sign, de malstjes, Neilrak, Metalforce, The Warlock, Smurfin_Gigi, -Vainilla-, CSSQ59116, Driquet, Zoidrums, Ch'ti59, chnbb59.
Thursday May 29th: welcome event with all of the new caches;
Friday May 30th: free caching in the area, possibility to visit museums and related sites;
in the evening the Meet and Greet at the occasion of the "Last Post" ceremony at the Meningate in Ieper;
Saturday May 31st: Mega Event, main event;
Sunday June 1st: CITO event
Traveling from cache to cache starting in the USA.
So we never forget.