Skip to Content

Travel Bug Dog Tag Bead-Little Hope Green Brown Ceramic Disc TB

Trackable Options
notebook Found this item? Log in.
printer Print Info Sheet
Owner:
shellbadger Send Message to Owner Message this owner
Released:
Sunday, 26 February 2017
Origin:
Texas, United States
Recently Spotted:
In the hands of facsfecimr.

This is not collectible.

Use TB7ENWN to reference this item.

First time logging a Trackable? Click here.

Current GOAL

Please drop this item in rural OR Premium Member Only caches.  Do not place it in an urban cache or abandon it at a caching event.  Transport the bug in the original plastic bag for as long as the bag lasts; the bag keeps the trackable clean, protects the number and prevents tangling with other items.  Otherwise, take the travel bug anywhere you wish.  No permission is needed to leave the U.S.

Travel bug photos are appreciated.  I will re-post them here, where they can be seen by other cachers.

About This Item

Little Hope is at the intersection of Farm roads 154 and 312, ten miles east of Quitman in eastern Wood County. The old Little Hope church and cemetery are about 1½ miles north of the community, which is sometimes referred to as the "new" Little Hope. The area was settled as early as the 1850s, and by 1857 a school, taught by fifteen-year-old Emily Smith, served both the Little Hope area and the Holly Springs community. In 1881 the Little Hope Missionary Baptist Church was organized; it was said to have taken its name from the fact that there was little hope that the church would survive more than a year. The first meeting of the church was held at a brush arbor near a place called the Murphy graveyard, but eventually a two-story building was constructed; the second story was used for meetings of the local Woodmen of the World lodge. Baptisms for the church were originally conducted at J. A. Stinson's millpond near the Speer community.  From 1933 to 1939 the community, which apparently never had a post office, reported a population of ten served by one business.  No further population figures are available, but by 1960 both the old Little Hope church area and the new Little Hope community had a few widely scattered dwellings, many abandoned.  By the early 1970s the membership of the Little Hope congregation had climbed to around 128, and around that time the church added a belfry incorporating the bell from a defunct school.  Little Hope church received a Texas Historical Commission marker in the early 1980s and was still active at that time.  The 1988 county highway map showed two businesses at the new Little Hope community.  In 2000 the population was still twenty-five.

Gallery Images related to Bead-Little Hope Green Brown Ceramic Disc TB

View All 4 Gallery Images

Tracking History (27125.1mi) View Map

Dropped Off 10/09/2018 Jedelák placed it in Stroj casu / Time machine Hlavní město Praha, Czechia - .6 miles  Visit Log
Visited 10/09/2018 Jedelák took it to Terezka Hlavní město Praha, Czechia - .81 miles  Visit Log
Retrieve It from a Cache 10/08/2018 facsfecimr retrieved it from Stroj casu / Time machine Hlavní město Praha, Czechia   Visit Log

Found it in Prague! We will probably bring it to Germany

Visited 10/08/2018 Jedelák took it to Grafikon Hlavní město Praha, Czechia - 47.11 miles  Visit Log
Visited 09/25/2018 Jedelák took it to Dog´s joy I. - Kynologicka Liberecký kraj, Czechia - .07 miles  Visit Log
Visited 09/25/2018 Jedelák took it to Turnovska synagoga Liberecký kraj, Czechia - .3 miles  Visit Log
Visited 09/24/2018 Jedelák took it to Skola, zaklad zivota #4 Liberecký kraj, Czechia - .12 miles  Visit Log
Visited 09/24/2018 Jedelák took it to Procvicte se v ciferaci Liberecký kraj, Czechia - .52 miles  Visit Log
Visited 09/24/2018 Jedelák took it to Skola, zaklad zivota #2 Liberecký kraj, Czechia - .17 miles  Visit Log
Visited 09/24/2018 Jedelák took it to Skola, zaklad zivota #10 Liberecký kraj, Czechia - .23 miles  Visit Log
data on this page is cached for 3 mins

Advertising with Us

Return to the Top of the Page