The night's too quiet
Stretched out alone
I need the whip of thunder
and the wind's dark moan
I'm not Able, I'm just Cain
Open up the heavens
Make it rain!
I'm close to heaven
Crushed at the gate
They sharpen their knives
on my mistakes
What she done, you can't give it a name
You gotta make it rain
Make it rain, yeah!
Another Real Gone cache. Hope you're having some fun with these, I know I am. This one is a bit more on the serious side. If you follow the local news you'll know just how much water rights and water rate increases have been a hot button issue in Appleton and neighboring community politics this year. The local fight for rights and fair prices shows just how dominant water rights issues are becoming. Globally, the picture is even more serious and solving this cache should leave you with a little bit more knowledge about global water issues.
ABOVE COORDINATES ARE NOT ACTUAL COORDINATES
You'll need to answer the following questions to determine the final coordinates which are
CHECK YOUR SOLUTION.
The answers can be found in the March 2003 New Internationalist 354 Newsletter.
All answers based on figures for 2000.
1. Percent of water use in Afghanistan catagorized as Domestic? A
2. Percent of World water use catagorized as Agricultural? BC
3. Percent of water use in Japan catagorized as Agricultural? DE
4. Number of people worldwide lacking proper sanitary water provisions in billions? F.G
5. Percent by which Diarrhea can be reduced by washing hands with soap. HI
6. Percent of Liquid Freshwater stored in underground aquifers? 9J
I hope you learned something trying to solve this one. Remember to turn the faucet off in the middle of brushing your teeth and taking a shower. Every gallon of water we conserve now will mean that many more for our children's children.