Logo Usage Guidelines
We began using the Geocaching logo in 2001. Since then, it has become the signature of our company, as well as a symbol that joyfully screams "Geocaching!" in any language. We're proud that the Geocaching logo and the Cache In Trash Out® (CITO) logo and events are embraced and loved by the Geocaching community.
Many geocachers want to use our logos for various geocaching-related things—and we
love that! But before you do, keep in mind that the CITO logo (and the name Cache In Trash Out) is our trademark and the Geocaching logo is our registered trademark in the United States and many other countries around the world. Trademark law requires us to set a few ground rules that you must agree to before using our logos:
- Use our Geocaching and Cache In Trash Out logos for personal use. (We love the tattoos!)
- Give us credit.
- When using our logos, add this text to the page or credits section: "The Geocaching Logo is a registered trademark of Groundspeak, Inc. Used with permission." OR "The Cache In Trash Out Logo is a trademark of Groundspeak, Inc. Used with permission."
- In the credits of any digital content, the word "Geocaching" should link to www.geocaching.com and the words "Cache In Trash Out®" should link to http://www.geocaching.com/cito/.
- Always link our logos to Geocaching.com when using them on a webpage.
- Portray geocaching and our company in a positive light.
- Use the high quality logo ﬁles provided above.
- Include the ® on all uses of the Geocaching logo and a ™ on the CITO logo.
- Promptly respond to any request from us to remove our logos or change your use.
- Change our logos in any way. We think they are perfect as-is and we're sort of attached to them. Don't get us wrong, we love creativity, but please resist the temptation to add your own interpretations or edits, however insigniﬁcant you may think they are. Even just rounding an edge on one of the Geocaching boxes will make Signal the Frog cry, and you don't want that on your conscience, do you?
- Use our logos on anything that is intended to be sold or on any commercial website or application.
- Use our logos in connection with any cause. (We have a soft spot for saving the endangered Arodi Bubble-nest Frog too, but we don't think it's appropriate to associate them with Geocaching.)
- Use our logo in any way that implies a partnership, sponsorship or endorsement. For example, our logos shouldn't be bigger than yours or be the biggest thing on your webpage.
- Make our logos available for download on your website or link to the images above from your website.