Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
This is an easy regular cache not far from St John's, Antigua.
Fort James was one of three forts (Fort Barrington, and St John's Fort being the other two) that were built by the British to Guard the sea entrance to St John's - the capital and major port of Antigua. St Johns had already been attacked by the French raiders in 1668. Work started in 1680 but was not really finished till about 1740.
The location is beautiful but the fort is now a ruin. There are still a number of cannons, mostly dating from 1805.
There is now a restaurant in the fort grounds.
Although you can drive right into the fort, it is often better to park on the beach nearby, walk around the fort grounds and perhaps have a swim afterwards.
The cache is a regular tupperware box that is hidden outside the fort.
Ng onfr bs ynetr penpx ba bhgfvqr bs zbfg rnfgrea pbeare bs sbeg jnyyf.