Welcome to Alabama’s 1st Annual Cachin' on the Redneck Riviera event!
Come party in L. A. (Lower Alabama!)
Please, if you haven't, register on the Event Web Site!
UPDATE: CACHE RUNS POSTED HERE!
Geocachers from around the globe are invited to gather in Gulf Shores Alabama, one of the most beautiful white sand beaches in the world, for a weekend of fellowship, geocaching and fun!
See our Event Web Site for details, registration, weekend schedule, coin sales and more!
Visit our Event Discussion Forum to share and discuss the event
About the Redneck Riviera (okay, the tourist bureaus would rather we call it the Emerald Coast)!
Planning is still evolving (that's fancy talk for things might change), but so far it looks like this:
Friday Evening Meet, Greet and Eat Event at the famous Zeke's Landing
Gather at Zeke's for a fun-filled evening, dinner, games and camaraderie on the docks. To get seafood fresher than this you would have to cook it on the boat!
Guided Cache Run - A Tour of The Riviera
A nighttime wagon-train style ‘numbers run’ through the area and east to Pensacola FL guided by TheAlabamaRambler.
Deep-Sea Fishing - Saturday Morning 7 a.m. until 12 p.m.
Make new friends, catch big fish! Board the luxurious (by redneck standards!) America II and cruise off-shore to sunken wrecks and reefs for four hours of bottom fishing.
The fish we catch will be cooked at the Fish Fry Saturday evening.
Alabama Open Invitational Event - Saturday 9 a.m. until 4 p.m.
Things that will happen during the event:
Fun on the beach with a few hundred friends! Bring your swimwear and floaties!
· Live Auction of neat stuff to help pay for all this!
Interesting geocaching-related treasures, stocked caches, coins, outdoor gear and more.
· Coin Show! Trade, Buy and Sell Tables will be set up where you can play with geocoins all day long.
· Face painting for the kids and young at heart
Free! Join the fun!
· Sand Castle contest. Open to everyone.
A panel of Judges will select the best three for Neat Prizes at 3 p.m. (Yup, you gotta be there to win it!)
· Games for Fun and Prizes.
Various games will be played for cool prizes in lieu of door prize drawings.
· · GPS Accuracy - Place your numbered flag closest to the given coordinates (a hidden object). Closest three win prizes! Farthest off wins a SPECIAL prize!
· · Voice Navigation - Form teams, one person will hold the GPS at the start and guide the team to the cache by voice command!
· · Blind Caching - Five cachers bound back-to-back at the elbows, blindfolded. The 6th cacher has the GPS and stands in the center, navigating the team to a cache. Each (successful!) team member wins a prize.
· Travel Bug Exchange Bring Travel Bugs to visit the event and move on to their goal.
Bins will be provided to separate TBs by their desired destination.
Fish Fry - Saturday Night 5 p.m. until 7 p.m.
Seafood Dinner at the campground immediately after the event. We'll grill and fry the fish caught earlier in the day and have a Southern-style Fish Fry with fixins. Pork and Beef Roast BBQ for those unfortunates who don't eat seafood
South Alabama Delorme Cache Run - 7 p.m. until ?
A night tour through south Alabama to find a cache in each Delorme map block, getting you 10(?) counties closer to claiming Alabama’s Delorme Challenge.
Best of the Beach Cache Run - Anytime
A mapped tour of the beach’s best geocaches. You won’t get much in the way of numbers but you will enjoy and remember every cache! We will provide a list of target caches and a suggested route.
Sunday Morning Breakfast Event
Gather Sunday morning for a private breakfast at the Fish Camp Restaurant. Socialize, eat and then hit the trails with geocache booklists compiled by area geocachers.
CITO Event - Sunday morning 10 a.m. until noon. A community service and basic practice of all geocachers. Let’s get together and spend a few hours helping insure that this remains a beautiful area!
Gulf State Park Accommodations:
Cottages and Cabins are now full, sorry! Camping
Last Edited ... September 13, 2007