This was a challenge for Rita and myself, to see if we could place a cache further East, West, North, and South than any other traditional cache in Michigan. We were able to do so with a little work and a lot of gas money. We are adding a $150.00 challenge to this series to spice things up a bit.
Part one in the challenge is this: The first to send us 4 pictures of you, or your team, with each of the 4 caches will be sent a $50.00 gas card. You can just post the picture with your log. Teams must consist of husband-wife, boyfriend-girlfriend, kids or immediate family. In other words no 20 member teams.
Part two is even more fun. If you can place a cache that beats our compass point(s) in Michigan, we will reward you with a $25.00 gas card for each point. One reward given per point.
Rules that apply are this:
1) Must be a traditional cache and adhere to GC placement guidelines.
2) Must not be a water cache. Dry land caches only.
3) No micros or nanos. (real caches only - Haha)
4) Must have my wife's name(Rita), my mothers name(Carolee) or our owner name("we two want to play too"-yes, it's long), in the cache title. Hey, they are my rules!
5) Must beat our GPS reading by 2 points.(MinDec)(8-12 feet) in the related direction. This is so we don't get any 'creative' reporting of where a cache is located.
6) You must have at least one cacher confirm that the cords are good. Your FTFer can put it in their log.
7) no other rules as I didn't plan on there being this many until I thought about it. ~Scott
Note of interest: mainland Michigan is 5 miles wider than it is high. 404 miles east to west and 399 miles north to south.
Congrats to Super Fly on the FTF!
Congrats to SUPER FLY for being the first to finish the series!!
11 weeks & 3 days!
Congrats to THEFOOLANDHISQUEEN 11 weeks & 6 days!
Congrats to Team CoyChev 0 weeks & 4 days!!