Hiroimono is a type of puzzle that comes from Japan. It involves picking up stones from a Go board.
The rules of Hiroimono are:
- Start at the black stone and go in any of the four directions.
- Your path can only go along the lines.
- When you reach a stone, you must pick it up. (It does not remain on the board.)
- You can only pick up a stone once.
- You can only change directions when you pick up a stone.
- When you pick up a stone, you can continue straight ahead, you can turn right or you can turn left. (You cannot go back the way you came.)
- The board does not wrap around.
- You are successful if you pick up all of the stones.
When you are successful at solving the puzzle, you will have picked up all sixteen of the white stones. Add the numbers from the first eight stones you picked up to the listed latitude (N32° 54.000). Add the numbers from the last eight stones you picked up to the listed longitude (W117° 11.400). This will give you the coordinates of the cache!