How Geocaching Works
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
On historical viking island Birka, about 20 miles from Stockholm City, to the west. Birka Island is in lake Mälaren, the lake which Stockholm also is located at. For the sake of longevity, the cache is now a metal container!
NOTE! You need to bring a medium size coin, big flat screwdriver or similar to easily pry this cache open! Please press the lid back as neatly as you can when you are done
This island is a must for you to visit if you are very interested in the Viking ages! This island used to be a great Viking village. There is a small Viking museum close to the dock of the island. Ferry goes there from Stockholm City, the "big brother" island Adelsö and from various suburbs.
It is located only about 10-20m offpath. You can walk almost the entire way there. It is well hidden. It is recommended that you take the pictures with you and look at them if you have problems!
Again: NOTE! You need to bring a medium size coin, big flat screwdriver or similar to easily pry this cache open!
Ybbx haqre na boybat fgbar naq jbbqfghssf, ylvat va n ebggra naq phg-bss gerr.
- Renovation and recalibration 110717The cache is now a metal container.
- The cut-off tree in question, 2011The tree ten years after this cache was first inaugurated.
- The cut-off tree in question, 2001Finding this tree would be your first step.
- Chapel close to cacheIf you see this chapel, you're on the right track!
- SheepThere is a lot of sheep around here and also a lot of sheep shit on the ground, be careful not to get your shoes dirty :)
- Swedish CountrysideThe Swedish countryside looks pretty much the same everywhere. Birka is no exception.
Loading Cache Logs...
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum