Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
The posted coordinates are only partially valid; the invalid portion is to be determined from the puzzle presented below.
Within the array of 100 letters shown below there are ten 10-letter words. Your task is to unscramble the letters and recover the ten words. The letters are interconnected to one another and can be moved by rotating four wheels; A, B, C and D.
To unscramble the letters and recover the ten words you'll need to rotate the wheels in the following sequence.
1) Rotate A clockwise 19 spaces
2) Rotate B counter clockwise 7 spaces
3) Rotate C clockwise 11 spaces
4) Rotate D counter clockwise 8 spaces
When this combination is used, the ten hidden words will be revealed. Those of you who have a Scrabble Game might be able to layout the letters and carefully move the letters according to the combination.
As an alternative, the same ten words that are scrambled in the array above are also hidden among the 40 shown below.
You'll need to find the ten words, and in their correct order. I think the odds are like 3,000,000,000,000,000 (three quadrillion) to one against you simply guessing which ten are correct and in their correct order.
- Many puzzles hide 15 digits, but this one hides only ten, and those sum to 43*.
- One objective is to find these words, and yes you'll need all ten, but soon you'll discover that this is not the end, for it's how you use these words that you must truly comprehend.
- Geocachers will read and ignore much of what is written, yet some will rise to this challenge and find what has been hidden.
- There are only ten digits being encoding within these statements, and this one has the code for the forth of five latitude digits.
- Only the correct coordinates lead to the cache; it's as simply as that.
- Here you are half way there and you probably didn't even know it. Yes it's true, by now you should have the digits for a valid latitude; simply be the cache, I won't be more explicit.
- Sentences, words, syllables, letters and punctuation marks too, I'd consider them all if I were you.
- Although no single approach is guaranteed to lead to success, at least with one the time you spend will be less.
- Caution I advise, against depending too much on Google. With your time I'd advise you to be more frugal.
- There is one explicit statement, made above in reference to unscrambling the array of letters, that is true, yet to mislead was my intent.
- Yes, I will answer specific questions about the puzzle. I'm just not sure how you would judge the validity of my replies; heavens knows they could be sprinkled with lies.
Puzzle and final location updated on 1/31/14.
- Here you are all way there and you probably still don't get it. If this is true start again half way back and follow the same path previously found, I just know you can make it.
* There are multiple solutions that will have this checksum so check your solution here.
Qbja ybj va n perivpr ba gur onpx fvqr bs gur zhygv-gehax gerr.