Disclaimer: This cache is not for everybody.
This original cache was placed and created to honor FizzyMagic who has given a lot to the local caching community in California. The original plan was to require the use of his FindStats program, but due to new listing guidelines, Kealia was not able to do that. So, the original Fizzy Challenge cache, along with this cache, and other in other states was based on his work to honor the intent.
To be able to claim a find on this cache, you will need to first find at least one cache of every difficulty/terrain combination (81 unique combinations). As part of those finds, you'll need to have at least one of each of the cache types below (the different cache types DO count against the 81, so if you find a 2.5/2.5 multi-cache, it fulfills both requirements.) I've excluded APE caches and MEGA events as they are few and far between and Locationless Caches as they've been phased out:
- Event Cache
- Letterbox Hybrid
- Cito Event
- Multi Cache
- Traditional Cache
- Unknown Cache
- Virtual Cache
- Webcam Cache
How do you track your caches? There are a few options:
1) Create a bookmark list and keep track (this is the preferred method)
2) Upload your My Finds PQ to It's Not About The Numbers
3) Use FizzyMagic's FindStats Program (requires download)
4) Use a program such as excell to create a spreadsheet
5) Post a Note to this cache page and edit it as you work on the challenge.
***Whatever method you choose, please include a clickable link to the caches, and/or your logs when you submit your final list.
Basic rules (to keep things easy):
- All PREVIOUS cache finds DO count - you do NOT start from "0" at this point
- All finds (except the Event and CITO Events) must be on caches that were published BEFORE this cache (to avoid "dummy caches" being listed just to meet the requirements)NOTE: So that cachers will not have to travle out of state to complete this challenge I have changed this requirement to be caches placed before October 25 2009
- No rating changes of existing caches will be accepted as counting towards your goal
- Generally accepted rules, guidelines and conditions for logging a cache find apply
- These must be caches listed on Geocaching.com that you have personally (physically) found and logged
- No logging finds on caches you own will be allowed
- If you have others with you when you find the final cache, only those who have fulfilled ALL criteria for this cache will be allowed to log it as a find.
- When you complete the challenge post a note with a link to your bookmark list, or email me your list, or list the caches you are counting in your log. You will then be given the coordinates and a hint to the final.
- Finds without the proper back-up will be deleted
-This cache does not count as the 5/5 in the matrix. You must find a 5/5 before this one
Please keep to these simple rules to keep things fun for everybody.