A Flash Mob Gathering for all Geocachers
Be sure to bring any travel bugs you want to trade!!!!!
The WWFMs are coordinated geocaching events originally started by Sonny & Sandy of podcacher fame. This is the second official Geocaching Flash Mob event in this area and will be taking place at the same time as all the other WWFM events around the world.
The event will last exactly 15 minutes, not one second longer.
The event will BEGIN EXACTLY at: 12:00 PM CST on Saturday, May 10, 2008 and
Will END EXACTLY 12:15 PM CST.
The above coordinates will take you to the designated WWFM gathering place
Prior to the event:
• Drive to the parking area near the coordinates. Either stay in your car or get out of your car and pretend you are a muggle. Act like you don't know anyone else.
• At 11:59 AM make your way to the designated event coordinates shown . Keep acting like you know no one.
• 12:00 PM - At exactly 12:00 PM as determined by the GPS clock, a bucket will be placed on the ground at the designated coordinates and a signal will be given to signify the start of the event. You may then converge on the bucket for the official event. Log sheets will be handed out. BYOP. Sign individual log sheets and drop them in the bucket. Then mingle and chat with your fellow cachers.
• 12:05 PM - Bring travel bugs and or coins to exchange with friends and or discover
• 12:10 PM - Assemble for and take group photo. After the photo briefly mingle & chat.
• 12:14 PM -One minute warning is called "It is now 12:14!" Log slips will be pulled for the door prizes. Clean up and prepare to leave.
Wait for it......c'mon we said wait! OK - GO!
• 12:15 PM - Make like a muggle and LEAVE, AMSCRAY & SKEDADDLE from the area! Log entries sealed & closed. If you missed the signing you missed the event. Over & out!
Difficulty rating of 2 reflects the 15 minute allotted time period in which to claim the cache. If you aren't prompt you could miss it.
If your name is not on a log sheet you will not be able to log the event.
If everything goes right we will have several people converging on one spot for a 15 minute geocaching event and then disappearing. This could be lots of fun and maybe even raise a few muggle eyebrows. We'll have info available for any muggle
It seems that some of the WWFM events do weird things such as all participants wear yellow shirts, or all participants wear funny hats, the options are endless. As added fun for our picture, since if you know me at all you know how I love the beach and Hawaiian shirts, it would be fantastic if everyone could wear a Hawaiian shirt or their best tropical attire. It is not necessary, but would be a fun little picture.
If you plan on attending click on will attend in the log event area. Also if you dont mind please indicate how many of you will be attending in your log entry so we have a guesstimate of how many to expect
JOIN US AFTER THE WWFM EVENT AT THE POST WWFM EVENT LUNCH AT THE DELMONICOS RESTAURANT IN JACKSON.
THANK YOU TO WWW.COINSANDPINS.COM FOR THE GENEROUS DONATION OF SWAG FOR ATTENDANCE PRIZES . THANKS TO THE SLAGA GEOCACHING GROUP FOR THE GENEROUNS DONATIONS OF GOODIES ALSO