Size:  (not chosen)
How Geocaching Works
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
This is a tough Geocache hide in a sneaky sort of way!
This is meant to be challenging, do not expect to find it straight away!
Morborne hill is 57m (184 feet) above sea level and on top sits a telecommunications centre for both television and BT with a pair of towers (as a BBC mast) over 154m (500 feet) in height. Originally, this mast was built for broadcasting television on VHF (405 Lines).
On October 30, 2004, this mast was destroyed by fire. It collapsed, seriously damaging the transmitter building at the base
Inspired by mad.bird's "SNEAKY" series we thought We'd have a go.
NO PUZZLES and NO CODES TO BREAK, just a sneaky hide!
The cache may be found by some of you quite easily, but others may find it somewhat of a challenge. That is why the difficulty rating is as such.
* This cache blends in with the surroundings no Geocoins, trade items to get in the way, just a log book.
* The cache is close to a road and private land. No need to say STAY OFF Private land, no need to cross gates or fences.
* Log your DO NOT FINDS and maybe after a couple I'll shove a small hint your way.
* Please no spoilers, everyone should have an equal hunt.
This cache is sneaky!!
A couple of other challenges set here
(1) Find the cache (obvious)
(2) Find a way into the cache
(3) Log your visit.
That's all folks
anj abg guvf gvzr
- The higher they build ... The harder they fall!Wiki Quote - On October 30, 2004, this mast was destroyed by fire. It collapsed, seriously damaging the transmitter building at the base. Services were temporarily restored by transferring them to the adjacent BT tower and two temporary masts, including the BBC emergency mast which was put in use for the first time. A new replacement mast has now been built and is in full service.
- The Masts on Morborne Hill
- Transmitting Another View
Loading Cache Logs...
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum