The Wyoming DeLorme Challenge
We got the idea for this cache from the Utah DeLorme Challenge, we had so much fun completing it we thought we'd like to start one.
What is the DeLorme Challenge?
In 2004,Haicoole unveiled the California DeLorme Challenge . Now just about every state has a Delorme challenge so we make one for Wyoming.
The DeLorme Atlas & Gazetteer is published for all 50 states. These maps are a favorite among travelers and outdoorsmen and are available at many locations, including online directly from DeLorme. The goal of this cache is simply: to find a cache on each and every block ( there are 60 ) of each and every page of the Wyoming State DeLorme Atlas & Gazetteer.
In order to claim this cache, you must list in your log the Page #, GC#, and date found for each page.
- A few guidelines :
- The cache IS at the posted coordinates
- Generally accepted rules, guidelines and conditions for logging a cache find apply. These must be bona fide caches listed on Geocaching.com that you have personally (physically) found and logged.
- Placement of a cache on a DeLorme Atlas page counts the same as finding a cache on that page.
- All cache types count as finds for the DeLorme Challenge with the exception of locationless caches.
- If a Wyoming DeLorme Atlas page includes space not located in Wyoming, only caches in the Wyoming portion count.
- The listed coordinates on the cache page will be the coordinates in determining where the cache is placed and what page it falls on.
- On pages consisting of multiple blocks (i.e. Page 68, 69, 70, 71 ), a find must be logged in each block, not just one for the page.
- While you may have others with you when you find the final cache, only those who have fulfilled ALL criteria for this cache will be allowed to log it as a find.
- When in doubt ask, we can discuss it.
- Remember that this is a game and is supposed to be fun!
Here is a list of the top cachers for completing Delorme Challenges.