The cache is hidden in shrubs just off the quiet D15 road between Clermont-l'Herault and Beziers, more specifically between the tiny villages of Cabriers and Neffries.
Travelling North to South you'll reach an incline and some switchbacks. Just before one of the switchbacks there's space to park a car. Now walk up to the top section of the switchback. You'll see that the hill is covered in low level shrubs and wild plants. The cache is hidden about 10 meters inland from the road, placed on the ground by the thick wooden stems of one of the shrubs. In-between all the shrubs you'll see patches of bare stone and earth "stepping stones" - so you do NOT need to trample the plants to get to the cache. Just step through and over them.
You'll see a transparent tupperware container with a black lid (new box, replaced in August 2013), weighed down by a large stone. There are no significant features so follow your GPS signal - there should be no problems getting a good lock. Keep your eyes trailed on the bases of the large shrubs.
Once you've found the cache, be sure to drive or cycle further along the road heading south-west - about 100 meters along you'll see great panoramic views.
Original contents of the cache:
- Small black note book (replaced in August 2013) with pen
- Intro-letter in French and English
- Something to wear for Christmas
- Several toys (I won't spoil the surprise)
- Postcard from Southsea, England
- Norwegian picture telephone card
- Four old English stamps (80-100 years old)
- Various other stamps
- Old coin from 1913, recent coins from Germany and Italy