This year, 2008, is the 75th anniversary of the Civilian Conservation Corps. June 19 and 20, 1933 were the dates the first camps were established in Allegany State Park.
The reservoir at Twin Springs, built in 1935-36, was a project of camp SP-18. The reservoir, an underground tank built of steel-reinforced concrete, had a capacity of 65,000 ggallons. It was a source of water for the Quaker Area camps until the 1990s. Here are some pictures of CCC crews at work on the construction of the reservoir in 1935.
Allegany State Park Permit ALL176