Size:  (not chosen)
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
This is very easy to walk to. It is flat, and comes right off the market area. There is a bricked walk-way all along the beach in this area.
There are many different types of ocean coasts in the world. They fall into two major categories.
1. Coasts that owe their character to the processes that occur at the land-air boundary. These are called Primary coasts and are fairly young.
Ex. Erosion of land by wind, water, ice.
Ex. Deposits of sediments by rivers – deltas.
Ex. Volcanic activity.
Ex. Uplift activity by earthquakes.
2. Coasts that owe their character to processes that are primarily of marine origin. Secondary or older coasts that the oceans have affected over time.
Ex. Erosion by waves
Ex. Deposition by waves, currents, etc.
Ex. Alteration by marine plants and algae.
I would like to focus on the second category. If enough eroded material is carried of a coast and deposited parallel to the coast, it may start to form Barrier Islands. These continue to grow as plant and animal life come and populate the surface. In some parts of the world, reef coasts start to form these barrier islands. In tropical areas, corals grown in shallow waters and may eventually surround the island forming an atoll.
Beautiful sand beaches with graceful palm trees and sparkling water are the dream of many. Most of the tropical white sand beaches are made from crushed coral. Black sand beaches are made from crushed volcanic material. Green and pink sand beaches can be found in areas where a specific material (like olivine) or shell materials are predominant. Most beaches contain broken-down elements from the land.
On Bali, there are many sand beaches. These are primarily formed from a mix of broken shells, ground coral, and the crushed results of volcanism. One of the best know beaches in the world is Kuta Beach. Bali has been a “paradise” for artists for over 100 years, but in the last 50 years it has grown in popularity for the marvelous and safe beaches, especially, Kuta. This is the most famous beach in Asia if not the world. The waves are great in areas for learning to surf, and everywhere it is great for kids to enjoy. The gentle slopes on the southern and middle portions of this huge bay are perfect for almost any type of water play. The northern area toward Legian and Seminyak have areas designated dangerous due to rip tides. However, that still leaves a couple of miles of pristine beach.
To claim this as a cache, you will need to answer a few questions.
1. From the coordinates listed, you will be located on the southern portion of the beach. As you face the water, what is coming out of the water to your left?
2. Why are most of the people on the beach to your right , and not to your left?
3. Behind you there are two dragons guarding steps to a sign. What three words are on that sign?
Please email me the answers. DO NOT put them in the log. If they are not emailed to me, I will have to delete your log.
(No hints available.)