Bramley Station was originally opened in 1865 as part of the Guildford - Horsham Branch Line. In 1876 a second platform was installed and in June 1888 the station changed it's name to "Bramley and Wonersh" to encompass the nearby village of Wonersh.
On the 16th December 1942, a German plane dropped a bomb on a train leaving the station, badly damaging the train and killing 7 people, including the driver and the guard.
In 1965, The Guildford - Horsham line was the only branch line in Surrey to be axed by the infamous Dr Beeching. Whilst the main station building was demolished shortly afterwards (the post box at the site is all that remains of the building), the trackbed remained undeveloped.
In the 1980s, the line took on new life as it was redeveloped into the Downs Link, a public footpath and bridlepath linking the North and South Downs.
In 2004, the local parish council and Bramley Historical Society renovated the station area by reinstating decorative crossing gates and a waiting room on one of the platforms.