The Guildford to Horsham line open in 1865 and as the name suggests ran between Guildford and Horsham. There were stations at Bramley, Cranleigh, Baynards, Rudwick, Slinfold and Christs Hospital. This cache is located on the location for the former Cranleigh station. Unfortunately nothing remains of the old station.
In 1965 just short of it's 100th year in operation, The Guildford - Horsham line was the only branch line in Surrey to be axed by the infamous Dr Beeching. Whilst the line was removed, the trackbed has remained undeveloped.
In the 1980s, the line took on new life as it was redeveloped into the Downs Link, a public footpath and bridlepath linking the North and South Downs.