Harrison Park is a small urban park in the south west of the city. It is well cared for and valued by local people. The formal park sits alongside the Union Canal, which provides a valuable wildlife corridor in the area *.
But do you know about the mysterious secret the park holds? Grab your gps-equipped Pocket-PC and find out. Start by clicking the icon below.
At the end of the Wherigo, don't forget to find the actual cache! It will be the only entry on your locations list. The entry also contains the coordinates for the bonus cache Sir Harrison's Treasure.
Technical issues and workarounds (PPC mainly)
- Small and slow movements may not get picked up by the gps device (see static navigation). You may need to back up and walk towards your goal at a steady pace to be able to "arrive". Don't slow down when you get closer, you are unlikely to overshoot your target
- Sometimes when selecting an item/zone from a list, the item/zone does not display. A workaround is to tripple-click the item, minimise the application, and when you maximise it again, the item is displayed.
- Sometimes the distances do not update at all, even though you are moving. The only way I have found out of this is to exit the player and restart (don't forget to save the cartridge).
- If you have problems with your Colorado, try upgrading to version 2.90 which is known to work.
- If you haven't played a wherigo before you may want to try the 'play anywhere' tutorial that comes with the player
- Although you can "die" at any time if you are not careful, there are no dead ends in this game. I.e. as long as you stay alive you can solve the puzzle.
- If you get stuck and don't know what to do, explore the area. All zones can at least be "seen" from a footpath (although some are located on the lawn) - so walk them all. Not all Zones are visible from afar!
- Read the descriptions carefully. They contain useful information, even if it may not always be immediately obvious.
- There are sometimes different ways to solve a particular problem. Some more dangerous, others more laborious.
- Before attempting a dangerous situation you may want to save the cartridge