**** CACHE IS NOT AT THE POSTED COORDINATES ****
A brain twister puzzle with no extra tricks.
When our daughter was younger, she loved doing puzzles like this one. We spent many family hours, and over the dinner table, hashing over the logic to these puzzles.
Sunday Geocaching in the Park
Geocacher George truly loves to geocache. In fact, he loves it so much, that he spends every Sunday geocaching in the many parks of the area. Since George loves the water, he is especially devoted to geocaching in parks with big lakes such as the Sugar Maple Farm; it just so happens that he visited a different one on each of the past five Sundays. Ever the geocaching enthusiast, George tried to impress fellow geocachers each week by reciting the exact size (either 40, 45, 50, 65, or 70 acres) of the lake they were near. Unfortunately, though, since not many people share George's zeal for park statistics, he pretty much came across as some kind of nut! After reading the clues below, can you determine each park's name, location in the state (one is in the southeast section of the state), lake and lake size?
- The lake in the park in the central part of the state (which is not Ladybug Lake) is smaller than the lake in Clover Falls State Park (which is not Redcloud Lake).
- George likes to water-ski at both the lake in Monarch Cliffs State Park and Lake Mirage.
- Lake Brooks is smaller than the lake in Deer Run State Park.
- Redcloud Lake is smaller than the lake in the northeast part of the state, but larger than the lake in Monarch Cliffs State Park.
- The lake in the park in the southwest part of the state (which isn't Flat Rock Lake) is larger than Ladybug Lake.
- The lake in the park in the northwest part of the state is smaller than the lake in Haystack Meadows State Park, but larger than Lake Mirage.
- The park in the northeast part of the state and the park with Flat Rock Lake are George's favorites.
- Clover Falls Park = 1
- Deer Run Park = 2
- Haystack Park = 3
- Monarch Park = 4
- Sugar Maple Park = 5
- Brooks Lake = 1
- Flat Lake = 2
- Ladybug Lake = 3
- Mirage Lake = 4
- Red Cloud Lake = 5
- 40 Acres = 6
- 45 Acres = 7
- 50 Acres = 8
- 65 Acres = 9
- 70 Acres = 0
- Central = 6
- North East = 7
- North West = 8
- South East = 9
- South West = 0
- The lake that is 40 Acres
- The size of Brooks Lake
- The size of Red Cloud Lake
- The lake in Monarch Park
- The area in the state where Red Cloud Lake is located
- The park in the SE area of the state
- The park containing Red Cloud Lake
- The size of Mirage Lake
- The lake in the central part of the state
- The area of the state containing Brooks Lake
We forgot to put in our traditional $2 FTF prize. That will be an IOU.