Bures is a small station on the so called 'Gainsborough Line', a single track branch line running from Marks Tey to Sudbury which was opened as part of the Stour Valley Railway in 1865. This line originally ran all the way to Shelford near Cambridge but the section between Sudbury and Shelford was shut down in 1965. A solitary 2-coach train shunts backwards and forwards along this line.
This un-manned, single platform station is situated in the lovely hamlet of Bures. The station building was originally 3 storeys but is now little more than a shed! It is probably one of the smallest stations in the country.
The cache is a small black plastic container about the size of a 35mm film container.
First to Find... Geotrowel