Coordinates are not exactly at the cache location. The cache is hidden in a cave in a cliff at sea level where there is no GPS signal, so coordinates take you are only to the entrance to the cave. Cache is accessible only during low tide, at high tide the cave is full of water. You can check tides HERE. You don't have to be exactly at the time of the lowest level of water, 2 hours before and after is enough. But NEVER try to get into the cave at high tide, its extremely dangerous!
Unfortunately, even at low tide there is still a small lake/puddle at the entrance to the cave so you have to bring wellingtons with you. You can climb above water, but only if you have good experience in rock climbing, otherwise you will fall into the water . You have to bring a torch with you because the cache is placed in complete darkness.
Cave is always a dangerous spot, even if it's small, and especially where periodically flooded by water. There is no cellphone signal inside and nobody will see and hear you when you are in the cave. Cave is a very special ecosystem worth protecting, with its special climate, fauna and flora. Regarding all those things remember:
- Don't go to the cave alone, if you happen to have even a small accident, you will in big trouble. Always leave a note with your family or friend saying where the cave is and when you plan to get out of the cave and give them a ring when you come back onto a safe ground.
- Always carry an extra torch in case you lose or break down your only one light.
- Take some warm cloths because it is cold and humid inside the cave.
- Don't use open fire as smoke will blacken the walls and may kill some creatures (including you ).
- Don't disturb any creatures inside.
- Don't left any rubbish behind you or inscription on the walls.
There are two paths from the top of the cliff to the beach below. It's your decision which one will you use. One is at N 53° 21.741 W 006° 04.478 and second at N 53° 21.903 W 006° 03.971. Both paths are very steep and the way to the cave is rocky and slippery so proper walking boots are strongly recommended.
Go straight into the cave through approx. 10 m long lake/puddle, and then turn right into a dark passage, and go about 15 m to the end, where you will find the cache. The cache is a small tupperware container with a logbook, pencil and some goodies.
Have a look at the attached pictures to see details of the terrain.
Please replace the cache and its cover exactly as you found it. And please report any problems with the cache and its location.