• 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (60 ml)
• 4 x 5 oz Chicken legs and thighs
• 1 large red onion, chopped
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 tsp fennel seeds (5 ml)
• 3 cups of tomato sauce (76 cl)
• a cup dry red wine (270 ml)
• Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
• 1/2 cup black olives, pitted (125 ml)
>In a big sauce pan,
>heat the oil, add the one onion
>and then gently cook for 5 minutes,
>adding the garlic after first removing the inner
>part of two cloves.
>Simmer on low and add the
>fennel seeds. Add the chicken and brown it. Sprinkle in
>the wine and let the alcohol evaporate. Add tomato sauce, salt and pepper.
>Allow chicken to cook covered, on low heat for ½ hour, then add the olives.
>Continue simmering for 20 to 30 minutes or until chicken is tender. Serves four.
You can check your answers for this puzzle on Geochecker.com.
A very well deserved late-night FTF to Team MSN (Multi-Talented/Midnight Solvers Network): Bluesaway, mm_dancer, Bullockj, Jon (of JonandJaymee), Elsa57 and Mrs. Smooshy