How Geocaching Works
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
A decon container near an (off-limits) historic site
The cache is a camoflaged decon container just a few feet off trail.
From this site, as well as the "ST Manzanita" geocache nearby, you can see the site of the Rosetto Ranch and Club 14E. The Ranch and Club were on the other side of the fence from the trail, and are now off limits. Please do not cross the fence.
From the County Parks website:
Most of today's park was part of the San Jose Pueblo Lands Tract II which included the Santa Teresa Hills between Los Alamitos Creek in Almaden Valley and Rancho Santa Teresa. In 1868, the City of San Jose resolved to sell off the Pueblo Tract lands. Today's Rosetto ranch and Pueblo Day Use areas were purchased by the Bernals from the city. In 1910, Luigi Fortini and his family purchased the Rosetto ranch area as well as orchard land in the Almaden Valley. Jeanina Fortini and her husband, Daniel Rosetto, retained the portion of the property which remains in the park today, and ran a popular recreational facility known as Club 14E from the 1940s to the 1970s.
The property was acquired by the County in 1991.