Skip to Content

<

Unterhütten/DolniHut

A cache by Sir Tobi Send Message to Owner Message this owner
Hidden : 4/30/2009
Difficulty:
1.5 out of 5
Terrain:
1.5 out of 5

Size: Size: micro (micro)

Join now to view geocache location details. It's free!

Watch

How Geocaching Works

Please note Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer.

Geocache Description:


Muzete zde rozeznat trozky drivejse vesnice Dolní Hut (Unterhütten). Mala pesinka, napravo (severne) od asfaltove silnice vede smerem k drivejsimu stredu obce. Naleznete tam jeste nejake trosky, casti zdi a sklepy. Vlastni vsutp na misto by nemel byt nebezpecny, presto ale budte opatrni, mohou se zde nalezat zarostle jamy, sklepy, studny.Jeste neco by jste meli vedet: v letnich mesicich zde na Vas budou cekat miliony palivych kopriv !!Pri hledani samotne cache se neni potreba k temto agresivnim rostlinam priblizovat, ani vstupovat do prostoru zarostle vesnice. Popis osady:Dolní Hut ( nemecky "Unterhütten" nebo "Untahittn") byla vesnice s 57 domy a 428 obyvateli. 1 km jižne od Švarcavy (Schwarzach) ležící ve výšce 550 m.n.m. V roce 1739 zde byla založena sklárská hut. Zpocátku vyrábela pravdepodobne jen perly (duté sklenené kulicky ruzných barev), které zde byly mnohokrát nalezeny. Hut nemela dlouhou existenci a pravdepodobne byla roku 1769 zastavena. Hned po založení hute se zde usídlili také jiní lidí, takže se ves do ruku 1741 rychle rozrustala. Roku 1738 zde bylo již 24 velkostatkáru. Brzy po založení sklárny zde vyrostla i škola, jelikož v blízkém okolí žádná nebyla. 1767 je zde již i lékar, lazebník Karl August Jähner ze Sazka. 1776 zde Elisa Müller vyrábí zrcadla. 14.12.1760 zemrel školní ucitel Anton Schaller. Roku 1761 prodala správní obec Herrschaft školní budovu, stojící vedle místní kovárny. 1778 je zde opet ucitel, Johann Georg Höcher. Pak musela být škola prestehována do vedlejší vesnice Dianahof. V roce 1866 Dolní Hut postihl požár, Baron Beck daroval drevo na opravu. V roce 1879 daroval císar František Josef ze své soukromé pokladny 800 fl (Florentinských zlatých) na zmírnení stavu nouze. Vesnice byla prelidnená a témer všechny domy postavené ze dreva. Ženy a deti palickovali a muži pracovali v lese v severních cechách, Bavorsku a Sasku a v zime vyrábeli koštata. Lidé byli chudí, ale veselí a pracovití. Bylo to místo, kde casto zaznívali lidové písne, zvlášte v nedeli odpoledne. V roce 1930 byla v Dolní Huti dodatecne zrízena i ceská škola. Rodice si mohli zvolit do které školy své deti pošlou. Do školy se vešlo až 20 žáku.Po vystehování lidé vetšinou osídlili Bavorskou Švarcavu. Z bývalého místa Dolní Hut tak zbyla jen strán s divoce rostoucími keri.

Preklad listingu provedli naši milí kolegové geokešeri ze 100Dteamu - The translation in the czech language was kindly made by our kind fellow geocacher 100Dteam, we are so very grateful for it - Die Übersetzung in die tschechische Sprache erfolgte freundlicherweise von unserem netten Geocaching Kollegen 100Dteam, wir sind ihm sehr dankbar dafür !!!!

Here you can discover the remains of the lost village Unterhütten.
The center of the village is right (northern) beside the paved road. A small path leads to the site where the center of the village was. Under trees and bushes there are some remains of the village (rests of walls and cellars) to find.
Actually it is not dangerous to explore that site, but nevertheless, please be careful, because there can be old overgrown cellars or wells. And you should know: in the summertime millions of stinging nettles are waiting here for you !!!
But to get the Cachecontainer, there is no need to get in contact to that aggressive plants, also there is no need to walk in the overgrown Unterhütten village site.

Hier könnt ihr die Überreste des früheren Dorfes Unterhütten erkunden. Ein kleiner Pfad rechts (nördlich) der asphaltierten Strasse führt in Richtung der früheren Ortsmitte. Es sind noch einige Überreste, Mauerteile und Keller vorzufinden.
Eigentlich ist ein Betreten der Stelle an der früher die Ortschaft bestand nicht gefährlich, seid aber dennoch ein wenig vorsichtig, es können noch überwachsene Kellergruben und Brunnen vorhanden sein.
Noch eines sollt ihr wissen : In den Sommermonaten warten Millionen von Brennnesseln hier auf euch !!
Aber nur um an’s Cache-Döslein zu gelangen braucht ihr euch den Attacken dieser aggressiven Pflanzen nicht auszusetzen und euch auch nicht ins „Dickicht“ zu begeben.

Description of the village Unterhütten :
Unterhütten ( "Untahittn" or ãaf da untan Hittn") was a village with 57 houses and 428 inhabitants located 1 km south of Schwarzach at an altitude of 550 meters above sealevel. According to Micko, in 1739 a glassworks in the Muttersdorf Herrschaft was founded next to the one in Oberhütten. Most likely it produced only pearl glass beads [pearls] known as Paterln or pierced "Glasstängelchen" in a variety of colors because so many of these have been found [in the vicinity]. The glassworks did not operate for very long, and was probably shut down in 1769.
Right after the glassworks was established people began to settle in the area so that by 1741 the village was already there and growing. In 1738 there were already 24 inhabitants on the list of those liable for manorial rents. The village already had a school soon after the establishment of the glassworks and its surrounding residences because there were no others in the vicinity. On December 14, 1760, the school teacher, Anton Schaller, died. In 1761 the Muttersdorf Herrschaft sold the schoolhouse located next to the local smithy .
In 1778 a new teacher named Johann Georg Höcher arrived. After that the school must have been transferred to Dianahof.
In 1866 Unterhütten burned down and Baron Beck who resided in Muttersdorf donated the wood to rebuild. In 1879 Kaiser Franz Josef gave 800 Florins (Florentine Gulden) from his private funds towards relief of great need in the community. There were house fires in house number 4 in 1904, number 33 in 1909, in number 2 during 1931 and again in 1933 and in numbers 27 and 28 in 1936. The village was overpopulated and almost all of the houses were built of wood.
Young girls, women and children made lace, the men worked in the forests of northern Bohemia, Bavaria and Saxony and made brooms in the winter. The people were poor but cheerful and industrious. It was a place where folksinging was often heard, in particular on Sunday afternoons. The youth became independent and married at an early age. In 1930 a Czech school was also set up in Unterhütte. Parents had the option to choose which school but there were certain material incentives given for a child's attendance at the Czech school and as many as 20 children went there.
After the expulsion most of the residents of Unterhütten settled in Schönsee, Stadlern and Bavarian-Schwarzach. All that remains of the former place named Unterhütten is hillside overgrown with wild brushwood.

Hier eine Beschreibung der Ortschaft :
Unterhütten (Untahittn" oder af da untan Hittn") war ein Dorf mit 57 Häusern und 428 Einwohnern. Einen Kilometer südlich von Schwarzach in 550 Meter Seehöhe gelegen. Hier wurde 1739 von der Herrschaft Muttersdorf eine Glashütte neben der in Oberhütten gegründet. Wahrscheinlich wurden anfangs nur Perlen (Paterln, hohle Glasstängelchen in verschiedenen Farben) erzeugt, weil solche vielfach gefunden wurden. Die Hütte hatte keinen langen Bestand, sie ist wahrscheinlich 1769 eingestellt worden. Gleich nach der Gründung der Hütte haben sich auch andere Leute hier angesiedelt, so dass 1741 das Dorf bestand und schnell zunahm. 1738 gab es nach dem herrschaftlichen Zinsverzeichnis schon 24 Zinspflichtige. Eine Schule erhielt Unterhütten wahrscheinlich bald nach seiner Gründung der Hütte und des Ortes, weil in der Umgebung keine bestanden hat. 1767 ist hier schon ein Medicus, ein Bader, Karl August Jähner aus Sachsen. 1776 ist Elisa Müller, Spiegelmacher (Spiegelbeleger) in Unterhütten.
Am 14. Dezember 1760 stirbt Schullehrer Anton Schaller. 1761 verkauft die Muttersdorfer Herrschaft das neben der Schmiede angebaute Schulhaus. Im Jahre 1778 gibt es wieder einen Lehrer, genannt Johann Georg Höcher. Danach muss die Schule nach Dianahof verlegt worden sein. Im Jahre 1866 ist Unterhütten abgebrannt, Baron Beck in Muttersdorf spendete das Holz zum Aufbau. Im Jahre 1879 hat Kaiser Franz Josef zur Linderung des Notstandes in der Gemeinde 800 fl (Florentiner Gulden) aus seiner Privatkasse gespendet. Gebrannt hat es 1904 in Haus Nummer 4, 1909 in Nr.33, 1931 u. 1933 in Nr. 2 und 1936 in Nr. 27 und 28.
Das Dorf war übervölkert, die fast durchwegs hölzernen Häuser stark besetzt. Mädchen, Frauen und Kinder klöppelten Spitzen, die Männer arbeiteten im Wald, in Nordböhmen, Bayern und Sachsen und banden im Winter Besen. Die Leute waren arm, aberfleißig und heiteren Sinnes. Hier hörte man noch den Volksgesang, insbesondere an Sonntagnachmittagen. Es wurde jung gefreit und bald geheiratet.
Im Jahre 1930 wurde in Unterhütte zusätzlich eine tschechische Schule eingerichtet. Den Eltern war die Wahl freigestellt, jedoch wurde ein Entscheid für die tschechische Schule durch einen gewissen materiellen Anreiz erleichtert. Bis zu 20 Schüler besuchten die Schule.
1905 bestand eine Freiwillige Feuerwehr für die gesamte Gemeinde und der Böhmerwaldbund. Nach der Aussiedlung haben sich die meisten Bewohner von Unterhütten in Schönsee, Stadlern und Bayerisch-Schwarzach angesiedelt. Von dem einstigen Ort Unterhüten ist nur ein mit Sträuchern wild bewachsener Hang übrig geblieben.

Additional Hints (Decrypt)

xqlm hivqvf mryrabh prqhyxh, wfv wvm ubqar oyvmxb, cbqvirw fr cbq xnzral /
Jura lbh frr gur “terra fvta”, lbh ner nyernql irel pybfr gb gur pnpur-erzbir fgbarf /
Jraa qh qnf “teüar Fpuvyq” fvrufg, ovfg qh orervgf tnam anu nz Pnpur-orjrtr Fgrvar

Decryption Key

A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J|K|L|M
-------------------------
N|O|P|Q|R|S|T|U|V|W|X|Y|Z

(letter above equals below, and vice versa)



 

Find...

228 Logged Visits

Found it 221     Didn't find it 1     Write note 2     Publish Listing 1     Owner Maintenance 3     

View Logbook | View the Image Gallery of 6 images

**Warning! Spoilers may be included in the descriptions or links.

Current Time:
Last Updated:
Rendered From:Unknown
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum

Return to the Top of the Page

Reviewer notes

Use this space to describe your geocache location, container, and how it's hidden to your reviewer. If you've made changes, tell the reviewer what changes you made. The more they know, the easier it is for them to publish your geocache. This note will not be visible to the public when your geocache is published.