Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
The few abandoned buildings near the cache are all that remain of Lyons, one of two communities that used to be in the area. Another cache has been placed nearby where Tichfield was located.
Both communities were established in 1911 when the CNR was built. In 1947 the Tichfield post office moved to Lyons and the following year residents successfully petitioned CN to change the name of Lyons to Tichfield. The hamlet disappeared over the next 20 years. In 1992 the Geographic Names board changed the official name back to Lyons.