The Langford and Ulting Railway Station, part of the Witham to Maldon branch Line, was opened on 2nd October 1848 and ran until 7th September 1964 when it was closed as part of the Beeching closures.
The station was opened as Ulting and renamed Langford and Ulting in 1923.
Today the old line is known as the Blackwater Rail Trail and makes a pleasant walk.
The coordinates above are NOT the cordinates for the cache.
In order to obtain the coordinates for the cache it will be necessary to complete Church Micro 572 - St Giles, Langford. The coordinates for this cache are written on the back of the logbook for the Church Micro cache.