Climbing a tree is a great childhood pastime that I enjoyed, and why not still enjoy it!!!
This is now a series of 6 caches with a Final at the end.
Each cache will include climbing a tree, some will be easier and some will be higher then others! Remember the color of the tape on the log books that you will need for the Final.
About this Tree: Technical climb, couple different ways up this one!
Some tips for climbing a tree safetly.
1) The spot where the branch meets the tree is the sturdiest place on the branch to place your feet. Use those spots to your advantage.
2) Always look for a sturdy branch, not a stick, to support your weight.
3) Use gloves to prevent splinters and/or when you get attacked by those tree squirrels.
4) Branches are strongest near the trunk.
5) Use your legs more than you use your arms, as it is much less tiring.
Langley Tree Climber Series
Langley Tree Climber #2 archived
Langley Tree Climber #3 archived
Langley Tree Climber #4 archived
Langley Tree Climber #5
Langley Tree Climber #6
Langley Tree Climber #7
Langley Tree Climber: FINAL!!!
Langley Tree Climber #1(archived)
Langley Tree Climber #8 Bonus Climb(archived)