SideTracked - Ludborough Station
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
Continuing the series of “SideTracked” caches, this cache is located near to the station at Ludborough.
Ludborough Station is the home of the Great Northern Railway, the only full sized Steam Railway open to the public in Lincolnshire.
The East Lincolnshire Railway was opened between Louth and Grimsby on 1 March 1848. All of the stations on the line except North Thoresby were closed in 1961, with the remaining stations being closed in 1970. The line remained in use for goods until complete closure in 1980.
The Lincolnshire Wolds Railway reopened the station buildings in 1984 and began running trains on a short section of track in 1991, when a Light Railway Order was granted to Great Northern & East Lincolnshire Railway plc, who had bought most of the remaining trackbed . Track was relaid between Ludborough and North Thoresby in 2008 so that trains were able to run between the two stations.
The cache is a magnetic key safe box near to the level crossing. Roadside parking is available.
Uvag abg arrqrq