10 Years! Stratford Upon Avon, UK
Saturday, 01 May 2010
Size:  (not chosen)
How Geocaching Works
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
Image used with the permission of mtn-man
|On 3rd May 2000 the world's first Geocache was hidden by Dave Ulmer near Beaver Creek, Oregon
The hobby/sport/addiction has grown at an incredible rate with there now being over 1 million active Geocaches worldwide!
This weekend, 1st and 2nd May, Geocachers from all around the world are getting together to celebrate the first 10 Years of Geocaching, chat about their experiences in finding just a small percentage of them and claim a unique '10 Years!' event icon.
Come and share your tales with like-minded people at the 'Recreation Ground', Stratford Upon Avon. Fun for all the family. A variety of new and interesting caches will be released on the day. So put the date in your diary folks, pack a picnic and come and join us! Light refreshments will be provided.
||'Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your Etrex!'
Saturday 1st May 2010 12:00 - 14:00 (ish)
Please keep an eye on this event page so that you will know more details when we post an update.
10 Years! Events
In addition to the standard event cache Guidelines, there are a few additional guidelines that need to be followed for the event to qualify for a 10 Years! cache type icon.
- Events must be held on May 1 or May 2, 2010.
- The name of the event needs to be formatted this way: "10 Years! ." For example: 10 Years! Seattle, WA or 10 Jahre! Munich, Germany.
- At least 10 people must attend the event.
- Flashmobs do not qualify.
- A video or picture must be taken at the event. At least 10 attendees must be in the video/photo along with a legible sign showing the event coordinates and location name.
- The people in the video or photo should be festive. Be inventive! But please keep it family friendly.
We've placed a few new caches which will be released on the day and we're hoping to have a new Wherigo ready in time as well!
As this is a Birthday Party we'll be providing a few party games, cakes and pop, but please bring your own party hats any other silly party paraphernalia you might have
The Wherigo is now active and available for download
(No hints available.)